Welcome to the playground of providing lessons in finance and economics. The site primarily covers lessons on finance and economics. In addition, related topics like accountancy, monetary policy, foreign exchange market, etc., are also explored. For example, the international dimension to the fixed vs flexible exchange rate debate is given in our blog. It provides a bird’s eye view on the challenges to conduct of monetary policy in both the exchange rate mechanisms. Thus, the learning is sought to be imparted through short videos and blogs, which are posted by working professionals in those fields. Further, contemporary issues and topics of relevance in the fields of finance and economics will also be discussed. We would also try to provide consultancy on simple and complicated queries that may remain unanswered.
We encourage you to subscribe to our social media channels given in the header to catch up with our regular updates. Similarly, you may subscribe to our Youtube channel where videos on various burning topics will be uploaded. Also, any comments/ suggestions are most welcome, which can be provided in the respective posts or under testimonials. Your constant feedback will give the authors the necessary encouragement to keep going. In case, you find value you may contribute by clicking at the donate button given in the footer. Let’s Learn!
Subscribe Youtube Channel for Lessons in Finance & Economics: The LiFE Guru
We embed all the short videos in their respective blog. However, if you want direct access to all the videos on finance and economics, you can subscribe to our Youtube Channel by clicking on the link above.
Blogs on Lessons in Finance & Economics
We show recently published blogs below. Blog links in month-wise categorisation are also provided.
Top News – India and the World
This is the financial and economic news updated daily. Even though the links are external, you may like to go through your news of interest.
- In the latest review, Bharti Airtel’s weight fell by 15 basis points in the emerging market index, according to MSCI’s statement.
- U.S. Jobless Claims Below 1 Million for First Time in Pandemic
- For Uber, the ‘Stall Game’ Averts a Reckoning Over Driver Pay
- Kamala Harris Is ‘Something You Cry About’ for Black Female Execs
- Even amidst the credit boom, smaller firms that power America’s economic engine are often being shut out.
- Cities were once escalators to opportunity, but changes in technology and other factors have reduced upward mobility. .
- The Age of the Everything Banker Is Here, Get Ready for Odd Jobs
- The International Energy Agency has cut forecasts for global oil demand.
- Oil Spill Poses New Threat to Mauritius’s Tourism Industry
- Prices have been trading near a five-month high in recent sessions as U.S. crude inventories declined.
- Earlier, the scheme was only for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes category
- GIL's revenue from the chemicals segment was at Rs 245.62 crore in the June quarter this year. It was at Rs 399.11 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago
- As many as 54 projects with a total investment of Rs 25,000 crore presented before the investors from India and abroad at the two-day event got underway within months
- The company's revenue from operations also saw a decline of 34 per cent for the quarter ended June 30 to Rs 12,180.62 crore as against Rs 18,481.56 crore in Q1FY20
- The stock recouped most of the day's losses after some brokerages pointed out that the reduction in weightage could be on account of an error in computation
- The IAF has been carrying out night time combat air patrols over the eastern Ladakh region in an apparent message to China that it was ready to deal with any eventualities in the mountainous region
- So far, there were opportunities in stalled residential projects for top developers like Godrej Properties
- The Congress has also revoked the suspension of MLAs Bhanwarlal Sharma and Vishvendra Singh, who were suspended from the party's primary membership last month
- The company has seen its capacity returning to 90% of the pre-Covid-19 level and already received orders totalling 60 per cent of that in the January-March period
- Biological E Ltd has entered into an agreement with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, part of pharma major Johnson & Johnson, for creation and enhancement of production capabilities to manufacture the latter's COVID-19 vaccine. Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine candidate (Ad26.COV2.S) is […]
Although, only a few blogs have been posted, I have been impressed with the quality and method of explaining a complex area. I wish the managers all the very best for a beginning worthy of praise!
Good article…very informative….