Welcome to the playground of providing lessons in finance and economics. The site primarily covers lessons on finance and economics. In addition, related topics like accountancy, monetary policy, foreign exchange market, etc., are also explored. For example, the international dimension to the fixed vs flexible exchange rate debate is given in our blog. It provides a bird’s eye view on the challenges to conduct of monetary policy in both the exchange rate mechanisms. Thus, the learning is sought to be imparted through short videos and blogs, which are posted by working professionals in those fields. Further, contemporary issues and topics of relevance in the fields of finance and economics will also be discussed. We would also try to provide consultancy on simple and complicated queries that may remain unanswered.
We encourage you to subscribe to our social media channels given in the header to catch up with our regular updates. Similarly, you may subscribe to our Youtube channel where videos on various burning topics will be uploaded. Also, any comments/ suggestions are most welcome, which can be provided in the respective posts or under testimonials. Your constant feedback will give the authors the necessary encouragement to keep going. In case, you find value you may contribute by clicking at the donate button given in the footer. Let’s Learn!
Subscribe Youtube Channel for Lessons in Finance & Economics: The LiFE Guru
We embed all the short videos in their respective blog. However, if you want direct access to all the videos on finance and economics, you can subscribe to our Youtube Channel by clicking on the link above.
Blogs on Lessons in Finance & Economics
We show recently published blogs below. Blog links in month-wise categorisation are also provided.
Top News – India and the World
This is the financial and economic news updated daily. Even though the links are external, you may like to go through your news of interest.
- Tesla Moves Into U.K. Homes With New Solar Power Tariff
- Russia Begins Producing Second Covid-19 Vaccine as Cases Spike
- The Supreme Court Needs Reform
- RBI said that Indian states are racking up more debt which may pose a risk to their finances.
- Green power is set to draw around $11 trillion of investment in the coming decades.
- Investors Rebel Against Brazil’s Rich-Nation Approach to Crisis
- HSBC Targets Conservative Return to Dividends on Profit Beat
- The study finds that revenue from negative emissions or carbon offsets could reach $1.4 trillion annually by 2050.
- Breaking Up Companies is ‘Doable in Europe,’ Vestager Says
- I Ran the Numbers Again. Stocks Are Not the Economy.
- India now accounts for 6.00% of all active cases globally (one in every 17 active cases), and 10.26% of all deaths (one in every 10 deaths)
- The company said it has witnessed strong net addition in client base which has grown by 59 per cent QoQ to 539,567 clients in Q2FY21
- Reported pretax profit for Europe's biggest bank by assets came in at $3.1 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, down from $4.8 billion in the same period a year earlier
- Flipkart Group emerged as overall leader during the week-long festive sales, accounting for 68% of the total sales as the country saw a massive 55% (year-on-year) growth
- The proposed $75 million long-term financing will be in the form of Non-Convertible Debentures
- In addition, the current quarter is really a lot more about outlook commentary (leading indicators) rather than results (backward-looking), the analyst says.
- Rankings part of research report by Indian Institute of Human Brands
- BJP MP has said the Maratha community in Maharashtra wants reservation under the Socially and Economically Backward Classes category and not under the Other Backward Classes
- Telangana reported 837 new Covid-19 cases taking the overall tally to 232,671 while four more deaths pushed the toll to 1,315
- Analysts pegs SBI's PAT at Rs 3,435.5 crore for the quarter under review, at Rs 517 crore for Bank of Baroda, and at Rs 189 crore for PNB
Although, only a few blogs have been posted, I have been impressed with the quality and method of explaining a complex area. I wish the managers all the very best for a beginning worthy of praise!
Good article…very informative….